The University was founded by the mayor Sidebrandino Cacciaconti on December 26, 1240, thanks to the funds allocated by the municipality. Initially, Peter Hispanic, elite physician and philosopher, thanks to the presence of teachers in a few years to gain great prestige grammar and the School of Law, which is the School of Law. Later in 1252, Pope Innocent IV gave immunity to tax teachers and students to promote nell’ateneo Siena, and in 1357 he founded Emperor Charles IV, Studium Generale and Wisdom House, the only university student with him. In 1808, during the invasion of France, the Firm was closed down, and as patriotic students and some teachers left the unchanged School, they were closed and reopened for the return of the Grand Duke, whom some teachers had been forced to close down the Faculty of Medicine. Later in 1892, the Minister of Education, Ferdinando Martini, filed a request for the University of sensation, which led to strikes by all city governments stating that university citizens and Ferdinando Martini had taken their steps. So the city returned to this sector by investing, creating new courses and new faculties.